Membership of the Cameroon Ecolinguistics Association is free and open to anyone with an interest in language and the life-sustaining interactions of humans, other species and the physical environment. For example:
- Researchers who are developing linguistic theories that take into account not just humans and human society, but the larger natural world of animals, plants, trees, soil, forests, rivers, climate etc.
- Educators who want to introduce ecological issues in their teaching.
- Linguists who want to apply their research to environmental issues such as climate change, biodiversity loss, environmental justice and alienation from nature.
- Ecologists, conservationists, environmentalists, ecocritics, ecopedagogists or ecopsychologists who are interested in the role of language in their area of research and practice.
- Researchers who use linguistics to question the social structures that underpin an ecologically destructive society, and have a goal of social transformation.
To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your desire to be part of the association. You will be added to the Ecolinguistics List, a mailing list for sharing information about conferences, events, new articles and the latest developments in ecolinguistics.